Internship Programme at CAFI
The Control Arms Foundation of India offers internships for students from diverse backgrounds but with mandatory skills in English language to work on a range of projects of national and international importance.
Interns may be asked to participate in a variety of activities, including research, writing, and organizing meetings and events that support the goals of the program they are assigned to.
- Must be at least a graduate in or/and
- Must be enrolled at a college/university/ institution for advanced studies/diploma
- Computer skills essential.
Substantive experience is highly valued, but less vital than a willingness to work hard and to learn.
It is preferable if students bring their own laptops.
Interns must work for a minimum of one month, though longer internships are welcomed and encouraged.
Please note that at the moment, there is no assurance of financial support during the period of the internship. We are open for internships throughout the year.
The students interested to apply for internship should send the following details to Ms. Binalakshmi Nepram, Secretary- General, CAFI at firstname.lastname@example.org
Since the number of internships is limited, CAFI would not be in a position to reply to all individual enquiries. Candidates are requested to refrain from enquiring about progress of their application. Only selected candidates will be informed.
- Covering letter/Application: indicating possible dates of internship, areas of interest and why you think you might be suitable for the internship.
- Curriculum Vitae /Resume
- One writing sample (these could be reports, projects etc). As far as possible these should be on issues related to disarmament, arms control, peace building, women in conflict zones and related issues. Sample should NOT exceed 20 (A-4) pages ? relevant excerpts from longer work are also acceptable.
Now, you don?t have to be within the confines of the workplace to engage in the issues significant to arms control. You could be miles and miles away from the place of work and still contribute positively to those whose lives have been affected by gross human rights violations. You could be in any state, city, or region of India and yet participate in the programmes and activities of Control Arms Foundation of India.
In fact you don?t have to work from the office; you could be at your home and yet make a difference
What you can do-
Who can apply and How to apply-
- Identify victims of armed violence/ gun survivors/ victims of landmines and record their testimonies.
- Identify arms related problem in your region and make a report.
- Conduct contributory field research.
- You could also be involved in CAFI activism and build a strong network in various parts of India.
Anyone can apply regardless of what educational background he or she comes from.
You can mail your CV with a cover letter to Ms. Binalakshmi Nepram, Secretary- General, CAFI at email@example.com
mentioning the externship project you would like to undertake in your region which deeply interests you.
Terms of Reference
- The CAFI externship program is applicable only within India.
- The extern will work under a supervisor assigned by CAFI.
- The extern is required to complete the project assigned to them in the maximum period of 2 months.
- Externship certificate will be issued only on the completion of the project assigned.
- After the completion of the externship, the extern is required to give a handing over note to the supervisor. In case the extern chooses to work for more than 2 months then he or she must give a monthly report to the supervisor.
- Externship work is limited to issues relating to disarmament, peace & conflicts, and women & armed violence.
- The applicant is required to produce at least 2 reference letters and an identity proof to the Control Arms Foundation Office.
- In case of non-adherence to the Terms of Reference, your externship would be terminated.